Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chloe Green Launches Shoe Collection

Not since Kate Moss's partnership with Topshop has a collaboration caused such a stir, Chloe Green daughter of Topshop's owner today launched her newest project, a collection of shoes to be sold within her fathers store. 

The line has been speculated about for sometime now, after Chloe let slip that the shoes would feature green soles as a nod to her last name and tribute to her favourite shoe designer Louboutin. I've got to admit when I heard this I was very sceptical about what the end result would be, as green is not a favourite colour of mine. After the big reveal today I have to admit the mint green sole shade is much better than the forest green I'd imagined, but the shoes fell a bit short for me. 

Don't get me wrong it would be easy to dismiss Chloe as another trust fund brat filling her time by designing some shoes, I don't think that is the case and the shoes aren't bad, as such, there just not amazing. There is no doubt a lot of thought has gone into the range, each shoe is named after someone close to her and each one personally designed my Chloe, its just that the designs are nothing new or particularly original. The height of each shoe is also far too high for me and Kate Moss apparently! Who has been heard saying she can't walk in the towering heels.

But hey that's just my personal opinion and after just one day several lines of the fourteen designs have sold out and will no doubt be a success, which means there will be a second line. Which personally, I'm more excited about as by then hopefully Chloe will have developed further as a designer, check out the collection below and let me know your thoughts on the shoes. Will you be buying a pair?













Nora x

2 comments:

  1. These are some amazing shoes, shame they are so high, I'm always conscious of my height.

    Great blog by the way, I was wondering if you would like to follow each other? Check out my blog and let me know :)

    xx

    fashion-nerdette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, I didn't think they were anything special, and a bit over priced really. I'm not lusting after any. x

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete