Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Wedding Diaries: The Stationary & The Cake







Photographs from Perfect Circle Photography,
The latest wedding diaries touches on my two favourite things - cake and getting creative!

I love making things and generally being creative so designing our stationary  was something I was really looking forward to and that was before we even got in touch with Rachel from Your Love Story! This woman - my god, by the time we'd finished our first consultation I didn't just want her to design our stationary I wanted her to be my friend! She got everything I wanted our stationary set to be and more.

We kept a lot of our wedding planning secret until the invites were sent out so I really wanted our invites to make an impression as they were setting the scene of what was to come. I loved that each bit of info had its own piece within a stack neatly tied with purple ribbon, and the unique border Rachel created ran throughout the rest of the collection from the order of services, menus to the place settings. 
Rachel took our ideas and visions and made them a reality, and spared me sleepless nights staying up late cut out invites and tiring ribbon! 

The cake - another amazing creation that took our breath away. Malcom our vicar (who has been a friend of the family since I was 4) has the most amazingly talented wife, who's a baker -right? Wrong she whips these bad boys out on a weekend as a hobby!! When she offered us her services as her wedding gift to us and I couldn't imagine the 3 Pinterest images I gave her would result in this Pin worthy creation! 

Each layer was a different flavour, Chocolate, Lemon & Vanilla covered intricate designs, the bottom layer and top Peony was a nod to my bouquet and the pattern inspired by our stationary. All 4 tiers sat pride of place at the top of the staircase at our wedding venue. All our guests commented on how amazing it was and how they couldn't believe that the creator didn't do this for a living!

Stay tuned for the penultimate in the wedding diaries series next week when I talk all things presents, favours and last minute dramas!


No comments:

Post a Comment