Sunday, August 23, 2015

At Home Gel Nails




Anyone that follows me knows I am a big nail lover, spending an afternoon of pampering getting my nails done is one of my favourite things to do. I've recently switched from getting acrylic nails to shellac as I've finally stopped bitting my nails and my nails are no longer stubs!

Those of you who have tried both will know that shellac does not stay perfect as long as a nail colour on acrylic. Which is why I've been on the hunt for an at home solution. 
I've tried most of the Gel alternatives like Barry M Gelly Nails but the drying time and how quickly they chipped left me unimpressed until I tried Revlon's latest offering! The colour stay gel envy is so easy to use. One coat of the colour then a coat of the diamond coat and voila! Shiny nails!

As its a new collection from Revlon theres currently only 8 colours and I only really like the bight coral "pocket aces" I've discovered that if you apply the diamond top coat as a base coat, then any other nail varnish colour and the diamond top coat again. You can you any colour for a Gel manicure - the drying time was the only thing letting it down so I invested in the Quick Dry Top Coat and now I can have Gel nails in any colour at home!

They are currently 2 for £8 in Boots - you can thank me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment