Sunday, August 21, 2011

Winter Wear


The little British Summer we did have is reaching an end, meaning my favourite (fashion) time of year is here, Elle's September Edition is out along with the catwalk and high street round up, meaning an afternoon pouring over my favourite magazine, while drooling over new fashion is a must. That and contacting my bank manager, to let him know the damage that will be caused by the A/W11 wardrobe I want need.

Fashion is a means of expression, an extension of your personality, and I've always thought its not something to take too seriously. I love how one day I'm ultra feminine and girly, whereas the next day I cant get enough of skulls, studs and leather, getting ready for a day is just another dressing up session.
Which is why I love this A/W11 Collections, Fetish, Feminine 40's, Swinging 60's and Dreamy 70's are all inspirations for the designers collections. Meaning the dressing up box has got even bigger!

As much as I would love to buy everything my fashion bible deems lust worthy, I have sadly a students budget, so I've picked out key purchases to mix into my already heaving wardrobe.....

A Winter Coat
The must have winter wardrobe staple, and with our lovely British weather, its a good investment! I'm loving Burberry's array of amazing coats particularly....

I love the fur coat, but I'm think I'm going to invest in a detachable fur (faux) collar to add to my leather jacket and Mac, then invest in a high street winter coat or maybe a parka.... (Coats by Prada, Mulberry)


Highstreet Versions (French Connection, River Island, Aqua)



Jumpers
I am in desperate need of jumpers for winter, Aran and Cable Knit styles are my favourite at the moment, I'm loving the chunky knits with long flowing maxi skirts, or tiny shorts and tough boots for winter, case in point Mulberry and Tweny8Tweleve....

Highstreet versions I'll be buying, Asos.com Aran Jumper avaialbe in an array of colours and River Islands Boxy Aran Jumper. I'll also be investing in some fairisle knit print closer to christmas, always makes me feel christmasy and you can't go wrong with a classic!


Also loving capes and wraps, I recently purchased a grey knit cape from French Connection, which I'll be wearing with leggings tucked in boots for casual everyday chic.

Boots and Shoes
I NEED to buy a pair of flat boots for this winter season, I wore my last pair to death last Autumn but I'm also loving chunky ankle boots, shoe boots for nights out and loafers for every day.


(Ankle Boots KG, Knee Hight Boots Aldo, Loafer Aldo)

Skirts
I plan to live mostly in skirts this winter; short leather ones with tights and knee high socks and loafers, pleated midi skirts, channeling my inner mad men siren and flowing maxi skirts with chunky knits. So many looks means I'll just have to buy more skirts...

(Leather skirt H&M, Pink Chiffon Skirt H&M, Camel Pleat Skirt Missguided.com)





I can't wait now for the weather to finally make up its mind so its exceptable to wrap up in a nice chunky knit! Roll on AW11.... Nora x

No comments:

Post a Comment