The 1st of July marked my 26th year on this earth and its been a good one, in the past year I've become a home owner, celebrated a year married to my best friend and got a promotion - I'll answer to Marketing Manager thank you very much ;)
So it felt right to mark the occasion with a party, I love hosting so it took place at ours and I always feel people let loose a little more at house parties - and boy did we laughed, drank & danced until the sun literally came up (sorry neighbours if your reading this!) it was the best night and I loved spending time decorating the house and catching up with friends.
I thought I'd write a list of 26 things I want to accomplish before I reach 30 as a fun thing to look back on so here we go:
1. Go to a festival (I've never been to one)
2. Go on a girls holiday with my friends from school (this is slightly cheating as we have just booked Marbella for next year!)
3. Buy a new car (I love my C1 but I don't feel like a grown up in it)
4. Travel more see my top destinations here
5. Finish decorating our house, including getting our dream bathroom fitted.
6. Progress further within my career either Senior Marketing Manager or look at a new challenge all together.
7. Go wild and splurge on something just for me as a treat whether that be designer handbag or a pair of Loubs.
8. Pay for my parents to go on holiday as a thank you for all they've done for me and Brett.
9. Start a family.
10. See my parents face when I tell them their going to be grandparents (to say they are keen is an understatement!)
11. See more of the UK I automatically think of abroad when planning a getaway but there's loads of the UK I'd like to visit - The Cotswolds being top of the list.
12. Change my hair, my hair is my security blanket, I've been growing it since an ill-fated haircut at 19 and now its long. Seriously long and has been for sometime I've never experimented with colours or styles and I think its time for a change in that department.
13. Feel happy in my own body, my weight has fluctuated a lot over the past few years and I'd really like as I head towards thirty to feel more comfortable in my own skin.
14. Stop being so hard on myself, I am my harshest critic, I feel I have to live up my extremely high standards and all the time and it can be exhausting, I hope as I get older I mellow more and don't feel the need to beat myself up over the smallest thing!
(wow this is harder than I though! 12 more to go!)
15. Go on holiday somewhere hot and scenic and rent a soft top and drive around and see the sights. I've always wanted to do this in either the south of France or route 66.
16. Keep practicing and get better at baking, I love baking and trying out new recipes but mostly I love the decorating, most of my baking accomplishments can be found on my Insta here
17. Be more patient, the word has never been used when describing me, back to point 14, I really need to mellow out and not get stressed quite so easily, hopefully I'll have that nailed by the time I turn the big 3-0!
18. Visit Harry Potter Studios in London, Brett & I are the biggest HP geeks and keep saying we'll go and never do!
19. Make date night a tradition, I love mine and Bretts date nights or weekends and I want to continue to make time for just us, life has been pretty hectic recently and its important to not get complacent with your marriage.
20. Help plan a close friends wedding, now that my wedding is over I'm itching to get back on Pinterest and plan another. Plus who doesn't love a wedding and when its a close friends its that much sweeter!
21. Get a dog - I wanted a dog for as long as I can remember but my parents weren't as keen on the idea, now me and Brett have our own place I can't wait to get a puppy of our own.
22. Celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and start planning our vow renewal at 10 years - yes I'm already thinking about that and yes I need that long to plan it!
23. Buy our forever house and move closer to Ilkley (which is where Brett & I met)
24. Get more organised, I'm a pretty organised person anyway but recently I've dropped the ball on a few bits that if I'd of thought ahead or planned better I wouldn't have forgotten or been rushed for.
25. Get more confident when driving, I'm great driving where I know but as soon as I have to travel anywhere I don't know I get really bad anxiety and panic. I'd love to be fine driving somewhere new long distance.
26. Remember just how damn lucky I am and be more thankful and give back in someway.
So thats it - wow that was harder than I thought, I'm lucky I've achieved a lot of what I've wanted to do before I was 25, can't wait to see what the next few years hold!