Monday, May 16, 2016

Room Tour: Spare Room

The spare room without a doubt is the room I'm proudest of and the room that needed the most work, as the previous owners ran an at home beauty salon from it.

Before


When I first said I wanted to paint the room deep blue with rose gold accents the husband and family weren't convinced, but I'm so glad I stuck to my guns as its turned out better than I could of hoped.


The room used to be the master before our loft extension so I knew it was big enough to take a dark colour and as the rest of the house is a soft neutral palette I wanted to play around with a richer colour in this room.


I have been in rose gold for-EVER now and wanted to incorporate it into the room, but with rose gold beds going for £500 my budget didn't really stretch to that so instead I got a little creative and decided to up cycle some old furniture.  I spray painted my old childhood bed using this spray paint, and then started piecing together other rose gold accessories from the high street.


Side table - Matalan (a bargain at only £8!)
Lamp - Home Sense
Photo Frame - Paperchase



Ceiling light - Made.com


Wire baskets - Matalan (similar here

Now that our guests have the perfect place to stay my next project is our room!

No comments:

Post a Comment