Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Let the Adventures Begin

Its been a while since I posted a party planning / event post but don't think its been quiet on that front. I've always got some event on the go. The most recent being a surprise retirement party for my mum. My mum is the most thoughtful and caring person I know and after a lifetime of providing for the family I felt she deserved a party marking her decent into multiple holidays, regular lie ins and not knowing what day of the week it was.

As she's taken to the multiple holiday thing pretty well (she has 5 booked this year) I felt an adventure theme was fitting.



I invited close family & friends to a champagne afternoon tea at The Great Victoria Hotel  where I decorated the room with vintage suitcases, globes, atlas's, maps, flowers and candles to make the theme come alive.



I loved trawling charity shops, eBay and prop sales to pull together the look and spent many nights making the 2 banners that hung above the fire place and luggage labels that doubled at place settings.
However keeping the secret from my mum and making sure other guests didn't slip up kept me on edge the whole planning process, especially when she would drop by my house whileI was making decorations. Que running round like an idiot hiding everything!


I also had these beautiful cake pops made as favours for guests from Popalicious Cake Pops which went down a treat! 



The stage was set all we needed was the lady herself and safe to say I think she was surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment