Saturday, August 04, 2012

In July...

I Graduated...
I know I've undated you with posts about my university degree so sorry to bore you again, but in July I finally graduated. It was an amazing day filled with family, friends and a little celebrity - Sarah Burton attended my graduation as she was honoured for her work in fashion and she attended MMU many moons ago, after the ceremony I went for a lovely meal with my family and then went out for cocktails that evening with my fellow graduates!







I Threw my dad a surprise birthday party...
My lovely dad turned 60 this month, its a pretty big mile stone and I didn't want it to go by quietly unnoticed which if it was up to dad it would. He's a quiet and humble man who does so much for his friends and family which is why he deserved a special day dedicated to him. Compared to my mums side of the family my dads is very small, so I organised an intimate 3 course meal for 10. I rented a beautiful private room in a local hotel and made sure it was decorated with a tasteful monochrome colour scheme (I've even applied this to my outfit unintentionally)  with large candelabras and gorgeous draping, everywhere. We were waited on hand and foot by the lovely staff and my dad was overwhelemed when we presented him with an ipad, his cake even reflected the different app icons on the ipad which he was pretty impressed with and tasted amazing!






I was the Hostess with the Mostess...

Now that me and the boy are finally settled in, in our new place its been really nice to have both of our families and friends over to stay, I'm such a geek and took great delight in placing mini shower gels and shampoos in the guest bedroom like the ones in hotels with fresh rolled up towels on the pillow and laying the "continental" breakfast out each morning. Yes I'm aware I'm a loser but I'm totally adapting to my new hostess role!




Nearly added a new addition to the Family...
I have been obsessed with Pomeranians for years now, if you haven't encountered this adorable breed then google Boo the Pom IMMEDIATELY and you will understand my obsession. So when my boss let slip that there was a company that sold these and many more adorable puppies just a 10 minute drive I had to go and spent the afternoon cradling this beauty. Unfortunately the boy thinks we aren't ready for a new addition yet and reluctantly I have to agree it wouldn't be fair to leave it in the house everyday while we went to work, but LOOK AT HOW CUTE HE IS!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will be mine in the not too distant future.


What did you get up to in July?




No comments:

Post a Comment