Thursday, February 09, 2012

Manchester Fashion Show

As readers of my blog will be aware I've been looking forward to Manchesters best Fashion Show for sometime now, last night was finally the night for Manchesters Fashion scene to come together, and it didn't disappoint! I made sure I got there early and its a good job, the Pitcher and Piano where the show was held was rammed to the rafters, the turn out was amazing! 

The night showcased 10 amazing emerging designers, each equally as talented and unique, as I was granted a press pass I was able to see the designs up close from the front row.
A friend and I on the front row pre show

As any fashionista knows what you wear is as important as what you see, I choose a gold sequin skirt, dressed down with a sheer black shirt, black opaque tights, and accessoriesed with gold necklaces, my rose gold Michael Kors watch and gold studded black boots. Amongst the excitement I didn't have time to get a full length photo, but heres a few photos from the night.

A few friends and I, Frow
Gold Skirt: Ark
Watch: Michael Kors

The show started, as all fashion shows do... fashionably late, but it was worth the wait, the 10 collections were all so different it made for an interesting show. The designers were not only just trying to impress the audience, they were also after the prestigious "Emerging Designer Award." The prize impressively allows the winning collection to be featured on the fashion website Fashion Pony and a professional photo shoot of the collection.

The competition was tough! Fabryan opened the show with his feminine and alluring collection, inspired by nature in particularly flowers. My favourite design from the preview was the deep purple dress, the colour was stunning and the plunging neck was offset by the Flute sleeves, and the sheer amount of fabric made the dress look expensive.
This urban glamorous collection was followed by the designer Huxton, the pieces where silk  and all deep jewel colours, each piece was stunning and I could see myself owning, however my favourite by far was the Emerald green "Charlotte Gem" Dress, I loved the colour and style and could see myself wearing it.

Another favourite dress of mine from the night belonged to designer Lauren Wroe, her designs were amazing as each one was made from strip of fabric, leaving no scraps or waste at all from the pattern cutting. Making the collection eco friendly as typically each item of apparel 15% - 20% of the fabric is wasted due to pattern cutting. It was a small collection, but good things come in small packages, the collection was forties and fifties inspired, with some of the pieces looking similar to shapes found in All Saints. My favourite from this collection was the striking red dress, which was beautiful and striking.
The photo doesn't do it justice, but the models didn't pose for long enough for me to get a good shot!

The collections were all amazing but there could only be one winner and the prize went to Crystal Padmore, her collection named Coincide is eco friendly and is inspired by nature. The collection consists of chunky knits, perfect for this Manchester weather, and jersey silhouettes. The pieces are all earthy tones producing a strong collection, it was a well deserved win.

Nora x


No comments:

Post a Comment