Tuesday, September 01, 2015

The Wedding Diaries: Bridesmaids, Groomsmen & The Awww Factor










All photographs from Perfect Circle Photography,

I've never been a fan of matchy matchy weddings - you know the ones where the chair covers match the bridesmaid dresses, which match the flowers which match the... well you get the idea. With the theme loosely based on mid summer nights dream I thought it would be nice to have them in different shades of my favourite colour purple but in the same dress so they still worked well together I also gifted the girls a brooch each that they could pin on their dresses bringing the looks together. 

I loved the Two birds dresses from the minute I saw them but they only had two shades of purple so I began the hunt for multi-way dresses in multi shades and after many (read nearly gave up hope) Google sessions came across Etsy shop The Dainty Yard which answered all my prays! If your planning on buying your bridesmaid dresses online always buy swatches first, the colour on screen always differs from the fabric and I thought I'd found the one several times only to then receive the swatches and the fabric was cheap and would either show through underwear or cling to every lump and bump.

The "princess dresses" according to my 5 year old niece were an amazing BHS find and a went down a storm with my niece and cousin who twirled the night away on the dance floor and brought the serious awww factor to the day. I don't rate the rest of the BHS wedding range but the flower girl options are beautiful, age appropriate and such good value for money that I struggled to find anywhere else.

My handsome husband (no idea when the novelty of calling him that will wear off!) and his dapper groomsmen rented their suits from Moss Bros, Brett & his best man Dave chose to wear a Ted Baker version in the same shade of Grey but it was more fitted and meant they stood out amongst the others.

Finally my wedding party wouldn't be complete without my gays! These boys are so dear to me and I couldn't not have them with me on my special day, though grey suits (read subtle) isn't really their style so instead I left the outfits up to them and made sure they had button holes in keeping with the other guys. I'm sure you'll agree they look fabulous - I mean Neil (the one in purple) even spray painted his shoes gold - thats dedication!

Up next... The flowers, favours, presents, stationary and cake!
Any requests just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment